Deborah Kendall, CIPP/US, CIPP/G,
U.S. Government Privacy: Essential Policies and Practices for Privacy Professionals, Second Edition is the essential resource for privacy professionals working in or with the U.S. government. This valuable text covers the major privacy laws and regulations affecting the U.S. government, privacy principles and practices, and privacy program management and organization. This second edition has been updated with key topics on:
- Privacy definitions, principles and basics.
- The Privacy Act and the E-Government Act.
- FOIA, FISMA, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, the Paperwork Reduction Act and the Data Quality Act.
- Laws that compel the disclosure of information to the U.S. government.
- Records management, data sharing and disclosure, auditing, compliance monitoring and reporting.
An indispensable resource, this comprehensive guide also serves as the principal text for the Certified Information Privacy Professional/U.S. Government (CIPP/G) program.