Author: Lothar Determann, Partner, Baker McKenzie, LLP
San Francisco and Palo Alto, California
Specialist in International Data Privacy, Commercial and Intellectual Property Law Instructor of Data Privacy, Computer and Internet Law at University of California, Berkley School of Law, Hastings College of Law, and Freie Universität Berlin.
In the pages of California Privacy Law, businesses, attorneys, privacy officers and other professionals will gain practical guidance, and essential, in-depth information regarding:
- Each California and U.S. federal privacy law - scope, compliance duties, and enforcement.
- How the laws apply to companies in other states and countries.
- Risks and remedies under California and U.S. federal privacy law.
- How to start and maintain a compliance program.
- Drafting tips based on specific legal requirements in California.
- Overviews of the enforcement landscape.
- Checklists and risk mitigation suggestions.