Author: Lothar Determann
In the United States, California leads the charge in developing privacy standards. That makes it imperative for anyone administering privacy policies to stay on top of the state’s ever-changing statutes, regulations, and case law. California Privacy Law, now in its newly updated fourth edition, provides businesses, attorneys, privacy officers and other professionals with practical guidance and in-depth information to navigate the state’s strict policies.
- Rationale, scope, compliance duties, and sanctions for each California and U.S. federal privacy law.
- How the laws apply to companies in other states and countries.
- Risks and remedies under California and U.S. federal privacy law.
- Drafting tips based on specific legal requirements in California.
- Checklists and risk mitigation suggestions.
- How to start and maintain a compliance program.
New in the Fourth Edition:
- Practical roadmap for compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act and the final regulations.
- Detailed on more than 600 pages interpretive guidance on new and existing federal and California laws, including on Internet of things product security, data brokers, the CCPA and the California Privacy Rights Act ballot initiative.
- Insights from major federal and California cases, regulatory actions and settlements as of July 2020.
- Updates on pandemic-related exceptions and clarifications.
All IAPP textbooks can be found in the IAPP Store.