- The Indiana Senate Committee on Commerce and Technology voted 11-0 to advance Senate Bill 5, an act concerning consumer data protection.
- A subcommittee of the Iowa House Committee on Economic Growth and Technology passed House Study Bill 12, an act to consumer data protection, to the full committee on a 3-0 vote.
- Two comprehensive privacy bills were introduced to the Hawaii Senate. Senate Bill 974 and SB 1110 passed their first readings on the Senate floor and await committee referrals.
- The Massachusetts Legislature will consider two comprehensive privacy bills in addition to Senate Bill 745. Senate Bill 1971, the Massachusetts Information Privacy and Security Act, and House Bill 3245, the Internet Bill of Rights, both take aspects from the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- State Sen. Sharon Carson, R-N.H., introduced Senate Bill 255, an act relative to the expectation of privacy.
- State Rep. Shelly Kloba, D-Wash., reintroduced House Bill 1616, the Washington People's Privacy Act.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.