- A data breach at the Dallas, Texas, Independent School District exposed personal information of students, parents, teachers and staff, Insurance Journal reports.
- Nevada-based fast food chain Dotty’s said it discovered malware on “certain computer systems” enabling unauthorized access to customers’ personal data including names, birth dates, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers and more, The Daily Swig reports.
- A ransomware attack led Howard University in Washington, D.C., to cancel classes and shut down networks, Government Technology reports.
- Gizmodo reports a hacker group allegedly collected and leaked approximately 500,000 usernames and passwords of cybersecurity firm Fortinet VPN users on a dark web forum.
- T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert wrote a blog post discussing the company's privacy and security in the wake of the recent data breach affecting 53 million individuals.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.