- Bird & Bird International Data Protection Practice Co-Head Ruth Boardman broke down the draft implementing decision from the European Commission on new standard contractual clauses for data transfers to their countries for The Privacy Advisor.
- Also for The Privacy Advisor, IAPP Research Director Caitlin Fennessy, CIPP, explained why the European Commission's draft decision modernizing SCCs deserves a close reading and how its timing will give privacy professionals a brief moment to breathe.
- nNovation's Constantine Karbaliotis, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, FIP, and Dustin Moores broke down key elements of Canada's new Consumer Privacy Protection Act and how it may impact provincial law updates, as well as Canada's EU adequacy status, in this post for Privacy Tracker.
- During a recent IAPP LinkedIn Live event, members of the European Data Protection Board discussed its recommendations on supplementary measures and EU essential guarantees related to global data transfers following the Court of Justice of the European Union's "Schrems II" ruling.
- IAPP Staff Writer Jennifer Bryant reported on "Job Searching During a Pandemic: Getting into Privacy in 2020" for The Privacy Advisor.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.