- In this Privacy Perspectives post and corresponding IAPP white paper, DLA Piper Partner Andrew Serwin, CIPP/A, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, explores the history of U.S. surveillance law in the wake of the "Schrems II" decision.
- IAPP Data Scientist and Strategist Suzannah Hicks maps the NIST Privacy Framework to the IAPP's Body of Knowledge for a Certified Information Privacy Manager in the white paper, "The Skill Set Needed to Implement the NIST Privacy Framework."
- The Daily Dashboard reports the U.S. Department of Commerce shared a set of FAQs for the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield in response to its invalidation by the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- The Daily Dashboard also reports U.S. Sens. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., and Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., introduced the National Biometric Information Privacy Act of 2020, which would place restrictions on private sector use of facial recognition.
- In this article for The Privacy Advisor, IAPP Staff Writer Jennifer Bryant reports on this week's Senate committee oversight hearing of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, in which the commissioners called for federal privacy legislation.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.