- U.S. employers requiring disclosure of COVID-19 vaccination status is one of the hottest topics right now. IAPP Westin Fellow Taylor Kay Lively broke down what it will take to ensure employers comply with federal and state laws while also pointing out the inevitable privacy concerns that may be raised.
- The Daily Dashboard reported Ireland's Data Protection Commission proposed a fine of up to 36 million euros against Facebook for allegedly violating the EU General Data Protection Regulation's transparency requirements.
- IAPP Westin Fellow Sam Adams dissected the People's Republic of China draft regulations on algorithms that will cover nearly one in five internet users on earth.
- IAPP Staff Writer Jennifer Bryant reported on the second privacy hearing of 2021 held by the the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
- The Daily Dashboard reported Gov. Gavin Newsom, D-Calif., signed a pair of bills into law that amend the California Consumer Privacy Act, the California Privacy Rights Act and the Genetic Information Privacy Act.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.