- For The Privacy Advisor, IAPP Westin Research Fellow Sarah Rippy looked at the U.S. state laws that have strict opt-in and opt-out requirements, as well as those that take a hybrid approach.
- The IAPP published for the Resource Center a table listing the various derogations under Article 49 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation by Bird & Bird Ruth Boardman, Louise Hutt and Antonia Boyce.
- Also for the Resource Center, the IAPP published a chart by IAPP Legal Extern Cheryl Saniuk-Heinig, CIPP/US, listing the data breach notification laws for U.S. states, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam.
- For The Privacy Advisor, IAPP Assistant Editor Ryan Chiavetta, CIPP/US, reported on the launch of the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology's new Privacy Workforce Public Working Group, an initiative created to help organizations develop a workforce with the tools to address privacy risk.
- The Daily Dashboard reported the European Parliament Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs asked the European Commission to amend its U.K. adequacy decision.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.