- The European Commission officially adopted adequacy decisions for the U.K. under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Law Enforcement Directive. IAPP Associate Editor, Ryan Chiavetta, CIPP/US, has the details for The Privacy Advisor.
- IAPP Staff Writer Joe Duball reports on a LinkedIn Live discussion on the European Data Protection Board's final recommendations on supplementary measures for transfers between IAPP Research Director Caitlin Fennessy, CIPP/US, and EDPB Legal Officer Ignacio Gómez Navarro.
- Covington & Burling’s Yan Luo, Zhijing Yu and Vicky Liu explore the future of data localization and cross-border transfer in China.
- IAPP Legal Research Fellow Cathy Cosgrove has the details on the inaugural meeting of the California Privacy Protection Agency.
- IAPP Associate Editor Ryan Chiavetta, CIPP/US, reports on a LinkedIn Live discussion on the state of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield negotiations between IAPP Research Director Caitlin Fennessy, CIPP/US, U.S. Department of Commerce Deputy Assistant Secretary for Services Christopher Hoff, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, and American University Washington College of Law Scholar-in-Residence and Adjunct Professor Alexander Joel, CIPP/G, CIPP/US.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.