- Spain's data protection authority, the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, issued 5 million euros worth of fines to Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria for alleged violations of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Poland's DPA, Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych, fined Virgin Mobile Polska PLN 1.9 million for violating confidentiality and accountability principles under the GDPR.
- Sweden's DPA, Datainspektionen, ordered housing company Uppsalahem to pay SEK 300,000 for conducting illegal surveillance practices when it was discovered it had placed cameras in apartment buildings.
- The U.K. Information Commissioner's Office announced it has started to receive the 250,000 GBP fine it had administered to the now-defunct Pownall Marketing Limited over making more than 350,000 nuisance calls.
- Mortgage analytics company Ascension Data & Analytics reached a settlement with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over alleged violations of the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act’s Safeguards Rule.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.