A distilled guide to the essential elements of privacy law, Privacy Law Fundamentals is a must-have reference book offering the key knowledge privacy practitioners and students of privacy need on a daily basis. It’s privacy law at your fingertips.
Authors Solove and Schwartz—the Strunk and White of their field
Daniel J. Solove
Paul M. Schwartz
About Privacy Law Fundamentals
This text is no treatise—its accessible, portable format delivers vital information in a concise and digestible manner. It includes key provisions of privacy statutes; leading cases; tables summarizing the statutes (private rights of action, preemption, liquidated damages, etc.); summaries of key state privacy laws; an overview of FTC enforcement actions; and answers to frequently asked questions.
Additionally, the second edition also covers:
- Key developments in privacy law around the globe, including the proposed EU Data Protection Regulation
- New chart on what courts recognize as a cognizable privacy harm for data security breach litigation
- Coverage of new Supreme Court cases
- New HIPAA-HITECH regulations, Texas medical privacy law and an overview of recent HHS enforcement activity
- New FTC cases, including Google, MySpace, Twitter and Facebook
- New COPPA regulations
- Developments in employer social media policies and the NLRB
- Countless other new developments
It takes just one minute to learn why Privacy Law Fundamentals is a must-have resource—straight from the authors themselves. Click on the image below now!
Plus shipping and handling
Volume discounts are available. For information regarding volume pricing or to place a volume order, please contact us at +1 603.427.9200 or e-mail.
Students: To request a $10 student discount, please complete our online request form.
See what leading privacy professionals are saying about Privacy Law Fundamentals:
“Two giants of privacy scholarship succeed in distilling their legal expertise into an essential guide for a broad range of the privacy community. Whether used to learn the basics or for quick reference, Privacy Law Fundamentals proves to be concise and authoritative.”
– Jules Polonetsky, CIPP/US, Future of Privacy Forum
“There are no better-qualified authors than Professors Schwartz and Solove to summarize the current state of privacy law and, as a result, there is no better compact privacy law resource than Privacy Law Fundamentals.”
– Christopher Wolf, Hogan Lovells
“This is the essential primer for all privacy practitioners. Professors Solove and Schwartz have done a remarkable job of keeping this volume current in the fast-changing environment of new technology, case law and legislation.”
– David A. Hoffman, CIPP/US, Intel Corporation
“Professors Solove and Schwartz pack an enormous amount of privacy knowledge into a very slim volume in Privacy Law Fundamentals. In our fast-paced practice, there’s nothing better than a compact and accessible work that is curated by two of the great thinkers of the field. It is a gem.”
– Kurt Wimmer, Covington & Burling LLP
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.