Law practitioners from law firm Baker McKenzie have begun a series of guidance notes on what the “Schrems II” decision means for specific stakeholders that relied on EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. Here's a rundown of what's been published thus far:
- Brian Hengesbaugh outlines the next steps for U.S. organizations participating in Privacy Shield.
- Francesca Gaudino and Michael Egan discuss the new obligations and practical implications for data exporters and importers.
- Amy de La Lama, CIPP/US, and Joanna de Fonseka, CIPP/E, outline initial steps companies transferring data to and from the U.K. should consider at this stage.
- Full Story
- Lukas Feiler, CIPP/E, and Wouter Seinen dive into the future for binding corporate rules from legality and viability standpoints.
- Florian Tannen and Brandon Moseberry take a look at what the decision means for companies that rely on derogations.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.