Approximately one in every three Facebook users customized their settings when the site rolled back its privacy shields in December and notified users to review what they share online, The Register reports. "They took control of their data, perhaps for the first time," says Facebook Director of Public Policy Tim Sparapani, adding, "35 percent of 350 million users is an extraordinary number." The Register report states that Facebook's privacy notice did not indicate the site had lowered its privacy settings, however, and contends that the remaining 65 percent of those 350 million users continue to share personal photos and information "without anything like informed consent."
Full Story


If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.