Thank you for contributing to the IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk. 2019 conference. To help ensure the success of your session, please see these important instructions:
Check the online schedule to see your session date and time
- To support and help market your presentation, we may have modified your session title, description and takeaways. Please proofread and incorporate these changes into your presentation. If you have edits, contact Programming & Speaker Specialist Ashleigh Austin.
Due now: Send us your headshot and bio
- If we have this information on file, we’ve posted it to our website. If yours are missing or outdated, please email your updates to Ashleigh Austin. Biographies should be 100 words maximum, and headshots must be high-resolution (.jpg or .tif format, 300 x 300 pixels or better).
Due now: Listen to the recording and review the orientation slides here, originally broadcast on June 26.
July 12: Deadline for initial planning call with co-panelists and chairperson
- Plan a call, meeting, or Skype session to talk about your ideas, session layout, topic distribution, etc. Feel free to email Ashleigh Austin to reserve a conference phone line for you.
- Include your IAPP program chair. They are content experts who are ready to assist with questions, review your deliverables, and provide feedback.
- If you decide to use slides, all speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
August 2: Send draft presentations to your chair/speaker coordinator
- Send electronic copies of your presentation drafts, outlines, PowerPoints and/or handouts to your program chair and your speaker coordinator
- If you decide to use slides, speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
August 23: Send special A/V requests to your chair/speaker coordinator
- Our standard A/V setup for each session room includes the following items. If you would like something that you don’t see below, let us know by August 23 and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs:
- Audio (speakers for mics and any audio output from laptop)
- Laptop (no access to Internet beyond the conference Wi-Fi)
- Podium mic
- Slide advancer
September 13: Send final presentation to your chair/speaker coordinator
- Send electronic copies of your presentation and handouts in PPT format to your chair and speaker coordinator by end of day.
- All speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
- If you’re on a panel, you must combine presentations into one deck.
- You are responsible to upload your presentation using a link that Ashleigh will send.
- Please don’t miss the deadlines. If you do, we may need to cancel your session and complimentary pass. We are thrilled to have you on board and really don’t want to do that.
- Need to make a change to speakers, panelists or presentation content? It’s important to run it by us. Please contact Ashleigh immediately if you need to adjust.
Promote your session and the event using the hashtag #PSR19 to make sure everyone in your network knows you’re speaking at IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk. 2019.
Promote your session on social media!
- Use our tracked link to help us gauge clicks on social: http://bit.ly/2NJJMd1
- Use the event hashtag, #PSR19, to connect with other attendees and speakers.
- Tag us on LinkedIn (@IAPP – International Association of Privacy Professional), Twitter (@PrivacyPros), Facebook (@IAPPprivacypros), and Instagram (@iappprivacypros) to engage with us so we can cross promote!
- Post more than once across all your platforms, especially leading up to the event.
- Talk about your session via video on Instagram stories or LinkedIn to encourage engagement and registration.
Below we’ve included suggested text for posting to your social platforms. But feel free to make the message your own:
- “I'm speaking at the IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk. 2019 in Las Vegas! Register here to join me: http://bit.ly/2NJJMd1 #PSR19”
- “Join me at #PSR19 where I will be speaking on [INSERT YOUR SESSION TITLE]. Register here: http://bit.ly/2NJJMd1”
- “Hey, #privacypros! I’m speaking at the @PrivacyPros #PSR19 in Las Vegas! Register here to join me: http://bit.ly/2NJJMd1”
A space just for Speakers:
If you need a place to prepare for your session, go to the on-site Speaker Workroom. It’s there just for you. The Speaker Workroom will be in Condesa 7, Level 2 and is available during the following hours:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 7 A.M. – 6:30 P.M.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 8 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 8 A.M. – 4 P.M.
See our Code of Conduct at IAPP events