Thank you for contributing to the Privacy. Security. Risk. 2018 conference. To help ensure the success of your session, please see these important instructions:
Check the online schedule to see your session date and time
- To support and help market your presentation, we may have modified your session title, description and takeaways. Please proofread and incorporate these changes into your presentation. If you have edits, contact Programming & Speaker Coordinator Lindsay Valley.
Due now: Send us your headshot and bio
- If we have this information on file, we’ve posted it to our website. If yours are missing or outdated, please email your updates to Lindsay Valley. Biographies should be 100 words maximum, and headshots must be high-resolution (.jpeg or .tiff format, 300 x 300 pixels or better).
Due now: Listen to our Speaker orientation web conference. Led by Content Director Sam Pfeifle, this orientation reviews demographics of our audience, logistics of the event, deadlines, and tips for making your session a success.
August 24: Deadline for initial planning call with co-panelists and chairperson
- Plan a call, meeting, or Skype session to talk about your ideas, session layout, topic distribution, etc. Feel free to email Lindsay Valley to reserve a conference phone line for you.
- Include your IAPP program chair. They are content experts who are ready to assist with questions, review your deliverables, and provide feedback.
- If you decide to use slides, all speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
September 7: Send draft presentations to your chair/speaker coordinator
- Send electronic copies of your presentation drafts, outlines, PowerPoints and/or handouts to your program chair and your speaker coordinator
- If you decide to use slides, speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
September 21: Send special A/V requests to your chair/speaker coordinator
- Our standard A/V setup for each session room includes the following items. If you would like something that you don’t see below, let us know by September 21 and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs:
- Audio (speakers for mics and any audio output from laptop)
- Laptop (no access to Internet beyond the conference Wi-Fi)
- Wireless handheld mic
- Table mic(s)
- Slide advancer
- Digital speaker timer
October 5: Send final presentation to your chair/speaker coordinator
- Send electronic copies of your presentation and handouts in PPT format to your chair and speaker coordinator by end of day.
- All speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
- If you’re on a panel, you must combine presentations into one deck.
- You are required to bring your presentation on a USB key with you to the conference. If this is not possible, please contact Lindsay.
- Please don’t miss the deadlines. If you do we may need to cancel your session and complimentary pass. We are thrilled to have you on board and really don’t want to do that.
- Need to make a change to speakers, panellists or presentation content? It’s important to run it by us. Please contact Lindsay Valley immediately if you need to make adjustments.
Get social! Use the hashtag #PSR18 to make sure everyone in your network knows you’re speaking at Privacy. Security. Risk. 2018.
Need a headshot? Get yours for FREE! Speakers, Advisory Board Members and KnowledgeNet Chairs will be given priority during the hour of 10 – 11 a.m. on Friday, October 19. Can’t make it then? No worries… headshots will be taken from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Room 405.
A space just for speakers:
This space is just for speakers! Your home away from home. Pick up your thank-you gift here, meet the onsite speaker manager, get your questions answered in-person, meet with your co-panelists, grab a coffee and a snack, charge up at a powered work station, or work quietly if that’s what you need. Go to Room 305 on Level 3. The Speaker Workroom will be located in Room 305 and is available during the following hours:
Wednesday, October 17, 8 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Thursday, October 18, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday, October 19, 8 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
See our Code of Conduct at IAPP events.