Thank you for contributing to the Privacy. Security. Risk. 2017 conference. To help ensure your session’s success, please see these important instructions:
Check the online schedule to see your session date and time
- To support and help market your presentation, we may have modified your session title, description and takeaways. Please proofread and incorporate these changes into your presentation. If you have edits, contact Programming & Speaker Coordinator Lindsay Hyde.
Due now: Send us your headshot and biography
- If we have this information on file, we’ve posted it to our website. If yours are missing or outdated, please email your updates to Lindsay Hyde. Biographies should be 100 words maximum, and headshots must be high-resolution (.jpeg or .tiff format, 300 x 300 pixels or better).
Listen to the PSR Speaker Orientation now.
- All speakers are required to listen to the web conference. Review logistics, demographics, deadline information and presentation tips with the IAPP programming team.
September 8: Deadline to contact your program chair with draft presentations
- Reach out to your chair and have them review your abstract along with any presentation drafts and handouts you may have. IAPP program chairs are content experts who can assist with your presentation along with any questions you may have.
September 27: Send final presentation and special A/V needs to your chair
- Send electronic copies of your presentation and handouts in PPT format to your chair by end of day.
- Speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
- If you’re on a panel, you must combine presentations into one deck.
- You are required to bring your presentation on a USB key.
- Our standard A/V setup for each session room includes the following items. If you would like something that you don’t see below, let us know by September 27 and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs:
- Audio (speakers for mics and any audio output from laptop)
- Laptop (no access to Internet beyond the conference Wi-Fi)
- Podium mic
- Table mic(s)
- Slide advancer
- Please don’t miss the deadlines—if you do we may need to cancel your session and complimentary pass. We are thrilled to have you on board and really don’t want to do that.
- Need to make a change to speakers, panellists or presentation content? It’s important to run it by us. Please contact Lindsay immediately if you need to make adjustments.
Get social! Use the hashtag #PSR17 to make sure everyone in your network knows you’re speaking at P.S.R.
A Space Just for Speakers
If you need a place to prepare for your session, go to the on-site Speaker Ready Room. It’s there just for you. The Speaker Ready Room will be located in Regatta B and is available during the following hours:
Monday, October 16, 8 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Tuesday, October 17, 8 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Wednesday, October 18, 8 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.