Thank you for contributing to the Global Privacy Summit 2017. To help ensure your session’s success, please see these important instructions:
Check the online schedule to see your session date and time
- To support and help market your presentation, we may have modified your session title and description. Please incorporate these changes into your presentation.
Due now: Send us your portrait and biography
- If we have this information on file, we’ve posted it to our website. If yours are missing or outdated, please email Rick Habib your updates. Biographies should be 100 words maximum, and portraits must be high-resolution (.jpeg or .tiff format, 300 x 300 pixels or better).
March 1 at 11 a.m. EST: Attend the speaker orientation web conference
- You are required to participate in this web conference led by IAPP Publications Director Sam Pfeifle.
- We’ll review logistics of the event, deadlines and tips for making your session a success.
- IAPP Events Content and Speaker Manager Rick Habib will send a meeting invitation with instructions on how to log on.
March 14: Deadline to contact your program chair
- Reach out to your chair and have them review your abstract along with any presentation drafts and handouts. IAPP program chairs are content experts who can assist with your presentation along with any other questions you may have.
April 4: Send final presentation and special A/V needs to your chair
- Send electronic copies of your presentation and handouts in PPT format to your chair by end of day.
- Speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on slide 1.
- If you’re on a panel, please combine panelists’ presentations into one deck.
- You are required to bring your presentation on a USB key.
- Our standard A/V setup for each session room includes the following items. If you would like something that you don’t see below, let us know by April 4 and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs:
- Audio (speakers for mics and any audio output from laptop)
- Laptop (no access to Internet beyond the conference Wi-Fi)
- Podium mic
- Table mic(s)
- Slide advancer
- Please don’t miss the deadlines—if you do we may need to cancel your session and complimentary pass. We are thrilled to have you on board and really don’t want to do that.
- Need to make a change to speakers, panelists or presentation content? It’s important to run it by us. Please contact Rick immediately if you need to make adjustments.
Just for Speakers:
If you need a place to prepare for your session, go to the on-site Speaker Ready Room. It’s there just for you.
The Speaker Ready Room will be located in Eastern Market, Level M3 and is available during the following hours:
Wednesday, April 19, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 20, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.