New CPE Policy coming in Spring 2018. Learn more.
You spoke, We listened!
In the Spring of 2018, the IAPP will launch a new Continuing Privacy Education (CPE) Policy with a great deal of added flexibility to make managing your certifications much easier. We’ll be sharing more details as we get closer to our launch date, but here are the top improvements:
- One “bucket” for CPEs: We are dropping the group A and B distinction. You will simply be required to submit 20 CPEs per term, per credential.
- Aligning term dates: If you have multiple credentials, you will only need to remember one term end-date. Furthermore, if you earn a second credential within one year of the end-date of your first, you will not be required to earn CPEs for that new credential until the next full term.
- Detailed CPE records will provide a much clearer snapshot of your recertification progress.
- You will be able to apply CPEs to multiple credentials on one easy-to-use interface that will feature clearer terminology.
- More ways to earn CPEs: Look for tagged content on iapp.org and a new feature, CPE central, where you can search for CPE opportunities—including more free CPE options--by credential.
- Quarterly emails updating you on your CPE status, including links to CPE opportunities curated just for you.
- The annual maintenance fee (for non-members) will become a Certification Maintenance Fee; the $250 fee will cover the entire two-year certification term.
- No documentation will be necessary for suspended individuals who submit CPEs.
For more details, please see the new CPE policy here.