Samir Shah, CIPM
• 20+ years of progressive management experience with focus on the Banking and Financial services vertical, worked extensively on various dimensions of privacy, risk and audit.
•Core skills and experience in Privacy, Third Party Risk Management, IT Audit, Compliance, Service Organisation Controls Reporting (SOCR) and regulatory compliance in IT Risk and Financial Services domain.
•Thought leader and practice lead for privacy including GDPR, India Privacy and various other global statutory and regulatory requirements in the privacy domain.
•Worked with leading Financial Services Companies (Morgan Stanley, Nomura) and large consulting firms including Big 4 (Ernst & Young and Axis Risk Consulting)
• Specialized vertical knowledge and connect in Banking and Financial Services and IT / ITES verticals including Global In house Companies (GICs) of large global banks
• Expert knowledge of Methodologies and standards like IS) 27701, ISO 27001, ISO 31000, ISO 22301, COSO and COBIT.
• Courageous implementer and experimenter of Digital, RPA, AI, Block chain, TPRM alliance concepts in the Risk and Controls domain
1. The Practical Aspect: Privacy Compliance—A Path to Increase Trust in Technology
Publication description: Understanding the Privacy compliance requirements with a focus on new-age technologies.
2. The practical aspect - Third party risk management
Publication description: Practical aspects of implementing an end to end third party risk management program.
Contributions by Samir Shah
IAPP Mumbai KnowledgeNet Chapter: Inaugural meeting
Speaker at Mumbai KnowledgeNet: 30 November 2018