Virginia Bartlett, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT
Virginia “Ginny” Bartlett (CIPM, CIPP-IT, CIPP-US) is a career Privacy and Data Protection Officer with global, cross-industry experience developing and implementing scalable and organizationally effective privacy programs. As an independent consultant, Ginny serves as an outsourced DPO and manages engagements for premier privacy consulting firms such as Fenwick & West, TrustArc, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Paul Hastings. Recent consulting projects include GDPR/CCPA program enhancements services and FTC/OCR consent decree assessments. Her portfolio includes an R&D firm designing biological interventions, college and career testing services, a Silicon Valley ride sharing company, global online textbook and tutoring services, a university hospital, a national home health company, large industrial manufacturers and a global health claims reinsurance company. She is also supporting multiple small, California-based technology innovators.
Prior to consulting career, Ginny served 15 years leading privacy programs and advocacy at Pearson, Merck, IMS Health, MetLife, Prudential, Sony. She's been at the forefront of new regional and sectoral legislative frameworks such as APEC, the GDPR, and the Software Industry Student Privacy Pledge. Ginny lives in New England and enjoys kayaking and visiting colleges with her two teenagers.
- IAPP Education Advisory Board (2018-preset)
- IAPP Certification Exam Writer, (2018-present)
- Board Member, Webshield (a NIST security solution start up) (2013-present)
- Privacy Advisory Board Member- Assessments, IKeepSafe (2013-2015)
- Business Representative, APEC CBPR Subcommittee (2006-2009)
- Board Member, Center for Information Policy Leadership (2004-2009)
- Village of Chestnut Ridge Board (2001-2018)
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (2005-Present)
- Kellogg School of Management Women Board of Directors Program (2001)
- Skidmore College, Suma Cum Laude, and Departmental Honors and Periclean Honor Society for Government/Policy (1983)
Contributions by Virginia Bartlett
Member of CIPM Exam Development Board 2019 - 2021
- Member of Education Advisory Board 2019 - 2020